Tuesday, October 20, 2009

From good to better





So, there is nothing worse than finishing a project and being unsatisfied.  Especially sewing something and not liking it.  When you sew something and it doesn't turn out good, there is always that haunting feeling of  'If I weren't lazy, I would just unpick this stupid thing and do it right.'  

When I first got done with the curtains for my bathroom that was my exact feeling.  I left the curtains hanging for about 2 weeks hoping the disapproval for my curtains would soon leave and I would be able to enjoy what I had worked so hard on.  Unfortunately that feeling never went away, it got worse. Begrudgingly  I took the curtains down, unpicked them and re did them all over from the same fabric.  I am not going to lie, it sucked.  

My main reason for redoing them was I didn't make them wide enough.   They weren't full.  They were more like panels instead of curtains.  You might not be able to tell from the picture but when they were closed, it drove me crazy!  I also changed the ruffle style to make them more casual.  I frayed the hem of the ruffle too.

1 comment:

  1. Angela!! I love the ruffles on those curtains. Reminds me of the Shabby Chic style. Your home is so cute and you have great ideas. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete