Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Recycle it!

So, see that shirt I am wearing?  I am the blond one in the middle wearing a flowery shirt.  Well, I decided I love that shirt because the fabric was so pretty but it wasn't the most flattering shirt.  So.......
I recycled it!  I made this headband for a little girl.  I used the fabric from the shirt.  I did two layers of gathering and then put a button in the middle of it.  I attached it to a some little girl tights for the headband part.  The tights are really stretchy and comfortable.
I also used it to make this fabric card for my mom's birthday.  These are my new favorite types of cards.  The fabric gives them more demention then just using paper.  But if you do this be prepared to use one needle for sewing on paper and another for sewing on fabric.  Sewing on paper dulls your needle.
I also made a flower clip for this sweater.  The sweater itself is a little blah but with the flower, it is a lot more exciting and unique!

2 comments:

  1. Ang,

    Love,love,love your new site... that picture of all of us - not so much! :) Anyway, Martha - I mean Angela - you rock at this kind of stuff! I couldn't wait for you to get married because I knew you were already good, but once you got to settle and get all domesticated, you would totally out-do all of us "home-makers". Can't wait to see what you do when you're a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...you are really crafty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete