Saturday, October 17, 2009

reuphostered chair

Aaahh!  I wish I had a true before picture.  These were originally brown with that ugly swirly creamish fabric.  I painted them purple then nasty royal blue and finally red.  I liked the red so I stuck with it.
I ripped all the piping off and then just took my fabric and stapled it over the old fabric and to the frame.  I am sure there is a more correct way on doing it but this way worked for me.
I staple gunned all the fabric to the sides but the back was different. On the back I had to cut the fabric almost to the exact size and then used a little fabric glue and flat head screw driver to shove it into the frame.  
I finished it off with a blue trim I got from Hobby Lobbby for $1.00 a yard.  Pretty cheap.
Ta duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment